From: time-nuts [mailto:time-nuts-boun...@febo.com] On Behalf Of Magnus
Danielson
Sent: 18 September 2016 11:56
To: time-nuts@febo.com
Cc: mag...@rubidium.se
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] Thunderbolt spurs on 10MHz output at 100Hz and 200Hz
from signal.

Hi,

On 09/18/2016 12:26 PM, David C. Partridge wrote:
> The local power is 50Hz, so I can understand the 100Hz spurs, but I
> don't quite "get" where the 200Hz spurs are coming from.  Or is that
> just BAU harmonics?

Consider full-wave rectification of 50 Hz, the power consumption load on the
capacitor after the rectifier creates an inverse sawtooth wave of
100 Hz, and sawtooth waveshape have both even and odd harmonics.

While much of this is regulated out in the next step, some of it makes it
though.

Cheers,
Magnus