Displaying the tie is not good enough for most practical uses.   You need
to TRANSFER the time very accurately.  A display is only good for
transferring the time to a human brain via a pair of eyeballs.    People
want to do things like aim a telescope or track a satellite.    So I might
need to run a control loop at 10Hz to control a servo motor but with "Hz"
based on a sidereal second.

The problem to be solved is to enable people (or more likely machines) to
synchronize their actions over large distances but using a time "flavor"
different from UTC.  I think the test case to see if any proposed solution
"works" is to try and time stamp a data stream across a leap second event.
   A display really does not address this

On Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 8:26 AM, Mark Sims <hol...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> If you are interested in astronomical time scales,  the next version of
> Lady Heather can display time in most of those (plus a few others like
> Besselian and HJD).  It also supports importing the current delta-T value
> from an external file (that something like a chron task can keep updated
> from your favorite source) or you can set it manually from the
> keyboard/command line.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California