On 3/20/17 2:26 PM, Mark Spencer wrote:
Hi:

Bob's comment about adjusting an oscillator from time to time aligns well with my limited
experience in the time nuts hobby.    Once I realized that in practice my better OCXO's
were typically more than stable enough for my intended uses things became much simpler.
I also realized that I could utilize my collection of time interval counters to compare
my chosen reference to other references (including a GPSDO) while also comparing the
chosen reference to the "Device Under Test."  I realize this isn't likely an
approach that a commercial lab would use but for my hobby use it seems to work ok for me.

I've more or less shelved my plans to discipline one of my high end OCXO's via
a home brew GPSDO scheme.

You already have a home brew GPSDO.. YOU are the control loop and the screwdriver is the actuator.<grin>