Lady Heather can work with the Jupiter receivers in either NMEA or Zodiac
(binary) mode.  Heather checks time stamps for consistency and flags any that
are out of sequence.  I usually run it in binary mode.  It's been a while since
I ran mine, but I don't remember ever seeing any skips.  The Jupiter receivers
do have the odd "feature" of having the time stamps off by a second.

I have seen several early GPS receivers that do have issues with generating
consecutive time stamps.  It is caused by the receiver processor not having
enough speed to always complete all the calculations within a 1 second
interval.