To answer Dana's question, there are many projects on the web (as Tom has
pointed out), but very few, think, will answer the question in total.

For the DYI person, I think a GPS module from Adafruit, an Arduino, and a
down-and-dirty little transmitter like mine or the one in Tom's second link
will do the trick.  Writing the software will be fun (beginning with simply
counting the PPS from the GPS).

acb

________________________________

> I wonder if anybody will market a GPS-to-WWVB translator?
> Dana

You can find lots of these projects on the web: in the time-nuts archives,
eevblog, hackaday, or sometimes completed multi-band kits (WWVB / DCF77 / JJY)
on eBay.

Search for a couple of words like signal wwvb simulator generator translator
emulator transmitter

An example of a well engineered product (no longer available?) is:
https://unusualelectronics.co.uk/products/chronvertor/

An example of a quick hack (open source) is:
https://hackaday.com/2014/03/22/build-your-own-radio-clock-transmitter/

There are dozens more.

/tvb