From: time-nuts <time-nuts-boun...@lists.febo.com> On Behalf Of Rice, Hugh (IPH
Writing Systems)
Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2019 8:49 PM
To: time-nuts@lists.febo.com
Subject: [time-nuts] HP Stories: An architectural view of the HP 5060/5061 and
awkward oscillator adjustments.

Hello Time-Nuts,

.... Stuff deleted .....

It was fantastically reliable. Only linear power circuits, with robust heat
sinking of all power devices. The legendary Len Cutler ban on aluminum
electrolytic capacitors. 5060s were still in use in 1985, after 20 years of
constant operation. Likewise, 5061As were abundant in time standards for 25+
years until they were replaced by the 5071A in the 1990s.