Denny,

That is certainly a large difference.  But I'm not clear on one point that
could
easily be very important:

Were the two antennas for the separate antenna test indoors, or on the roof?
If indoor, I kind of suspect that the difference might mostly be attributed
to the
change in antenna locations more than anything else.  If this is what's
going on,
you've made very strong case for outdoor antennas for GPS timing.

Also, it's possible that the two receivers with their antennas in such close
proximity might have been interfering with each other.

Dana