The easiest way to do it is with an ICS 512 or ICS 570. We use the 570 all the
time
Bert Kehren
In a message dated 1/18/2020 7:34:00 PM Eastern Standard Time, m...@hau.nz
writes:

Hi time nuts,
I'm looking for a 5x frequency multiplication scheme to let me use a16-MHz
square-wave OCXO for an ADC encode clock at 80 MHz.
Constraints in order of importance:
1. Don't degrade the nice phase noise of the OCXO (-90 @ 1, -120 @10,-140 @
100, -160 @ 1k) any more than necessary; at the very least, itshould not impact
the ADC noise floor in the primary 0-40 MHz image.
(This should give quite a bit of leeway, but better is better :)
2. OCXO power consumption (~150 mW) should still dominate totalclock-system
power.  Would like to keep the multiplier/buffer under 50 mW.
3. No supply rail above 3.3V.
This "ought to be" (?) easy, because the OCXO output is already rich inodd
harmonics.  All that's needed is to isolate and perhaps buffer theright one
without screwing up my noise spec.  This is where I could usesome help...
The ADC (AD9266) wants a differential clock, sinusoidal or squaredoesn't
matter.  The datasheet recommends transformer coupling withantiparallel diodes
to keep the swing ~ 1.5Vp-p.  (The min/max spec saysanything between 0.2 and
3.6V.)   The 3.3V OCXO should give me 0.8Vp-pat the 5th harmonic without any
amplification, so in theory I guess Icould just filter and transformer couple
and be on my way.  But perhapssome amplification is in order to increase the
slew rate?
I looked at the Wenzel tech notes for ideas, e.g. this one using logicgates and
tuned circuits:http://www.techlib.com/files/hcmos.pdfbut I lack the background
to evaluate the pros and cons of introducingextra CMOS logic.
I also found this common-base amp circuit in the
archives:https://www.febo.com/pipermail/time-nuts/2016-January/095683.html
andhttps://www.febo.com/pipermail/time-nuts/attachments/20160126/ae3b4be8/attachment-0001.pdf
I've read that I should avoid high-Q tuned circuits, because they willintroduce
more noise with temperature variation.  Are there any rules ofthumb for how
much Q is too much?
Any pointers would be most appreciated!
Thanks,Mark