Bruce, is there any text about the ring resonator which discusses the
features in the
interferogram?  Also I'd be interested in the configuration of the
electrodes.

My present interpretation is that the vibratory resonance stems from
contra-rotating
modes each propagating around the ring, and that the fringe pattern is
complicated
by the two surfaces being a little bit out of parallel and with a hint of
roughly spherical
curvature relative to each other (probably not deliberate).

I used to do a good bit of holographic interferometry, mostly related to
identifying
resonances and vibratory modes of blades on jet turbine rotors, and it's
hard to
break the habit of trying to interpret interference patters.

Dana