Ummm-- I watched the video. Start to finish. I noticed in many places hand movements reminiscent of those I practiced many times in front of a mirror. There is nothing up my sleeve...
Wonder how long plastic springs hold up?
Don

On 2020-07-25 12:42, Tom Van Baak wrote:
I’m guessing a couple hundred hours to print the parts and maybe the same
sort of time to clean them all / fit them together …..

Bob,

Good guess. The video comments say 110 hours print time. Full details below.

BTW, even if you don't watch the video, the 22 MB
"Tourbillon_Mechanica_Assembly_Guide.pdf" file is worth downloading
and admiring. The direct google drive link is below.

Now if we could just 3D print a OCXO, Rb, or Cs standard we'd have as
much fun as the mechanical clock guys. ;-)

/tvb

-----

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9prY3ky6Bo

Cool 3D Printed Mechanical Clock | Tourbillon Mechanica (FDM Version) Assembly Guide
101,691 views Jul 13, 2020

Dan.T
8.52K subscribers

This is the FDM version of the Tourbillion Mechanica that is modified to optimise printability and assembly on a FDM printer. These was printed on the standard Ender 3.

Detailed step by step assembly and printing guide can be downloaded here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JZ_KSSja-Vo8brJ3yLqM_bRg7YPXFP6R/view

Link to STL files:

https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-tourbillon-mechanica-tourbillon-escapement-mechanical-clock-assembly-guide-pdf-in-description-124938

Approximate run-time on PETG spring: 10 minutes
Total Print Time: 110 hours
Material Consumption: 350 grams

More details can be found in the detailed pdf guide!
-----