If anybody can even approach doing justice to the Q concept, including why
it
matters, in just two sentences, that person will have definitely earned the
"Qulitzer prize" in technical journalism.

Here's my entry:

"A circuit's Q is closely related to its internal energy losses compared to
external
energy exchanges.  A high Q can mean better efficiency, better conformance
with
expected performance (especially in filter applications), longer
ringdown times
(wineglass compared to milk glass) and (unfortunately) higher price."

Dana