Hi

One as yet unaddressed question:

When you see “something odd” on your power monitor. What is the
likely source?

For stuff past a few hundred hertz, my bet is that the source is more
likely to be “local” than “remote”. There are things like lightning hits
that will put a nice spike on the line from a distance. This or that motor
in this or that appliance is a much more likely source of a fast transient.
Flip on this or that switching power supply …. who knows what the power
line looks like. You can indeed pick up a cell phone as it is carried past
this or that gizmo (maybe a computer speaker ….).

Limited input bandwidth ( = filters)  often equates to protection. It also
may help reduct the “clutter” in the measurement.

Bob