Hi Markus, Jim,

thank you for your responses!

On 19.04.22 11:53, Markus Kleinhenz via time-nuts wrote:
I believe you will have a hard time finding a COTS solution that fits
most of your requirements.

You will likely have to split your signal chain into multiple devices:

1. UBlox ZED-F9T based GPS-Receiver with 1PPS out
2. Something like a JacksonLabs RCM (a ULN Oscillator that locks to a
externally provided 1PPS)
3. Distribution Unit

So you can spread your requirements.
Thanks for the suggestion. I've had a quick look at the RCM. Unfortunately, its "1PPS synchronization counter resolution" is ±2.5ns, which is below what a ZED-F9T can do with pulse quantization correction (~4e-10 ADEV @ 1s) [1]. I presume a short PLL time constant and therefore high resolution are key here to keep the OCXO within 1 ns of the GNSS despite environmental disturbances (temperature, acceleration, vibration). I think I'll have to realize the 1PPS tracking and OCXO disciplining myself with a sufficiently accurate time interval counter (e.g., TI TDC7200, which has ~50 ps resolution).
Another big challenge will be the 1ns relative accuracy between multiple
(moving!) devices. Without communication between devices this should not
be possible.
We've conducted RF measurements with a bunch of stationary(!), but spatially distributed (1~2 km) SRS FS740 GNSSDOs (with Rb option) back in 2019 and have achieved better than 5 ns synchronization accuracy (verified using line-of-sight RF measurements) without communication between the FS70 [2], simply because the FS740 does not support that. Of course that's not really comparable to 1 ns with moving GNSSDOs, but is already pretty decent for the FS740s' single-band GNSS receiver with 15 ns 1PPS timing accuracy (likely Trimble RES SMT 360).