Hi, I just set up tinc between two hosts (for now). All seems to work fine, but now I run in to a routing issue:
I gave both of my vpn routers an IP in the 172.16.100.0/24 range, and used the Subnet-directive to inform tinc of this. This works fine, I can ping both hosts from both sides of the vpn. Ofcourse both vpn routers give access to other subnets, but they don't know the IP-ranges (i.e. I didn't supply Subnet-directives for those), that's also impossible because network topology changes so the other subnets are dynamic. Therefore I use ospf (quagga) to dynamically determine routing-information. This works fine, and it has always worked fine with other VPN implementations (OpenVPN and CloudVPN). Both routers see eachothers ospf daemon and exchange routes, no problem. However the problem is that these routes aren't actually working. When I try to ping an IP on the other end of the VPN, I get the following: # ping 192.168.4.1 PING 192.168.4.1 (192.168.4.1) 56(84) bytes of data. >From 192.168.4.1 icmp_seq=1 Destination Net Unknown Note that there is no lag. This error comes from the local end of the VPN tunnel. I checked everything, from route tables to firewall configuration. I can only assume that tinc gives these errors, probably because it doesn't know about these subnets. I think this should just work. The route to 192.168.4.0/24 is configured with the other vpn router as gateway, so as far as tinc is concerned, it should just forward the traffic to that host (which by itself is reachable) and let the other side care about routing the traffic further. With ospf this is always configured correctly on both sides, so it should always work. Is there any way to have tinc allow this traffic? Kind regards, Erik. _______________________________________________ tinc mailing list [email protected] http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
