I use information from a pbx to construct the netname:

10703 is the serial for the pbx.
003 is the subnet id.
004 is the company id.

Combined you get tinc10703003004

On the pbx side i use something like company10703004

I wil try tinc3003004, may that wil solve the problem of duplicate interfaces.

Perry


On 10/03/2010 07:21 PM, Guus Sliepen wrote:
On Sun, Oct 03, 2010 at 06:54:59PM +0200, Perry Couprie wrote:

When using the following tinc node names.
To setup 2 vpn's to a seconde server:

tinc10703003005
tinc10703003004

I get duplicate interfaces.

But when i change tinc10703003005 to linc10703003005.
So that the name for the tincd nodes become:

linc10703003005
tinc10703003004

Then i don't haven multiple interfaces.

Is this because of a maximum size for the netname ?
Tinc does not have a limit to the size of the netname. However, the kernel
and/or ifconfig might have limits. I assume you do not have over 10 billion
tinc daemons running, so perhaps you can shorten those large numbers somewhat.
I'm curious, what is the reason for it?


_______________________________________________
tinc mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc

_______________________________________________
tinc mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc

Reply via email to