Thought I saw a changelog note saying TCPOnly & PMTUDiscovery were optional by now, since it auto-tries both. My host files are smaller these days from that change.

On 2:59 PM, [email protected] wrote:
Hi,

I upgraded some of my Tinc nodes from 1.0.8 recently and found something
strange.

All of a sudden, the vpn would not work as a full-mesh. Certain nodes
were not contactable.

I re-generated my rsa-keys, and checked my configuration.  My vpn uses
the following in tinc.conf, as I am routing both ipv4 and v6.

===
name = node1
mode = switch
AddressFamily = any
PMTU = 1280
PMTUDiscovery = yes
TCPonly = no
ConnectTo = hub1
ConnectTo = hub2
ConnectTo = hub3
===

My VPN has some hosts called by nodex.  These nodes are dynamic-ip, and
set to contact (connectTo) the hubs when they bring up their tincd.

The hubx nodes are fixed-ip, and are connected to each other in a full mesh.

With TCPonly = no, the vpn would only connect to ONE of the hubs, and
traffic would not be routed to any other host on the vpn.

In order to get full mesh functionality back, I have had to set TCPonly
to yes, on all nodes.


Hope this helps someone


Graeme






The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It 
is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is 
unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, 
distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is 
prohibited and may be unlawful.

The contents of this email do not necessarily represent the views or policies 
of E-Z Rent-A-Car or employees.


_______________________________________________
tinc mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc

Reply via email to