On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 04:00:00AM +0300, [email protected] wrote:

> I'm trying to implement a scheme in which the nodes will have a direct UDP 
> tunnel to each other.
> First, all nodes make connection with one public node, and then make 
> connections with each other.
> 
> And I came across the following problem: 
> Remotely located nodes can establish a direct UDP connection, but the nodes 
> that are in the same local network can not, and all traffic goes through the 
> public node.
> In the log files I see that the nodes can not agree on the MTU.
> 
> 1298030480 tinc.vpn[4056]: No response to MTU probes from client_01
> 
> I understand this so that local nodes can not receive messages MTU probe from 
> each other. Although from the remote nodes they successfully receive these 
> messages.
> 
> Tell me please, how can I solve this problem?

The easiest way is to add "ConnectTo = client_02" to client_01's tinc.conf, and
add "Address = <LAN IP address>" to client_1's hosts/client_02. The problem
with your setup is that since client_01 and client_02 are behind a NAT, and
both only connect to vpngate, they will never see the IP address they have on
the LAN, only the public address they got from the NAT device.

Daniel Schall is working on a patch to have tinc daemons on the sae LAN
autodetect each other, so in the future tinc may solve this problem
automatically.

-- 
Met vriendelijke groet / with kind regards,
     Guus Sliepen <[email protected]>

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Digital signature

_______________________________________________
tinc mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc

Reply via email to