tinc has been really useful for us, and so the other day I blogged about
tinc as a way of saying thank-you,
http://blogs.operationaldynamics.com/andrew/software/research/using-tinc-vpn.html

Somewhat innocuously, I closed with reference to NetworkManager; having
used it with openvpn and been very impressed with the experience (not
the openvpn part, but the fact that GNOME's networking UI made
configuring and managing a connection *really* smooth). Tuns out the
lead developer of NetworkManager saw my post, and replied with one of
his own,
http://blogs.gnome.org/dcbw/2011/05/24/networkmanager-0-9-pidgin-and-tinc/

Dan made some fascinating observations about what sort of things he
would need in order to be able to drive a tinc daemon from
NetworkManager. So I thought I should mention his post here in hopes it
might be useful input as you consider architecture and design for tinc
2.0.

Regards,

AfC
Sydney

-- 
Andrew Frederick Cowie

Operational Dynamics is an operations and engineering consultancy
focusing on IT strategy, organizational architecture, systems
review, and effective procedures for change management: enabling
successful deployment of mission critical information technology in
enterprises, worldwide.

http://www.operationaldynamics.com/

Sydney   New York   Toronto   London

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: This is a digitally signed message part

_______________________________________________
tinc mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc

Reply via email to