On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 02:21:47PM +0200, ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto) wrote: > >> Gentoo runs tincd as follows : > >> > >> /usr/sbin/tincd --net=ninux --logfile=/var/log/tinc.ninux.log > >> --pidfile=/var/run/tinc.ninux.pid > > > > Ah, that is because if you use --logfile, syslog is not used at all. Those > > long > > numbers are "UNIX time" (the number of seconds since 1970-01-01 00:00 UT). I > > have been too lazy to have it write time in a human readable format. > > However, I > > do remember someone sending me a patch that does that, so I'll find it and > > apply it. However, the --logfile option is more something that is useful > > when > > debugging tinc related issues; it does not work in comination with log > > rotation > > for example. I would recommend removing the --logfile option, and the > > --pidfile > > option also, because it is redundant.
The improved logging was merged in tinc 1.0.15.
> looks like --pidfile option is actually necessary because the build
> process of Gentoo will configure tincd as follows:
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
> --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man
> --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc
> --localstatedir=/var/lib --libdir=/usr/lib64 --enable-jumbograms
> --enable-lzo --enable-zlib
The --localstatedir option is just wrong, it should be /var.
--
Met vriendelijke groet / with kind regards,
Guus Sliepen <[email protected]>
signature.asc
Description: Digital signature
_______________________________________________ tinc mailing list [email protected] http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
