On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 12:44:14PM +0100, Julian Bäume wrote: > Am Donnerstag, 22. März 2012, 17:14:55 schrieb Guus Sliepen: > > I just tried to reproduce this and it appears the DecrementTTL option > > introduced in tinc 1.0.17, which defaults to "yes", causes neighbor > > discovery to fail. This might be the cause of your problems. So try to add > > this to your tinc.conf files: > > > > DecrementTTL = no > > > > And let me know of that solves the problem. > > Lately, I experienced problems in my setup, too. I’ve got a very simple > network with one central server and one, sometimes two clients connecting to > it. I didn’t have the time to investigate, but after reading this, I tried to > set this option to "no". Now everything works fine, again.
Great. > Is this considered a bug? Yes. > Is there a work-around or something I can provide in > the package of tinc, so other users might not run into this issue, when > upgrading? I can’t think of a way to force this option into user’s config > files, when they do an upgrade. Neither do I have a clue, how to communicate > this. The work-around for users is to set DecrementTTL = no. To fix this in tinc itself, apply this patch: http://tinc-vpn.org/git/browse?p=tinc;a=commitdiff;h=b5e3bf1a85462f0c41638c11305d28f87af24395 But I will try to release a new version as soon as possible. -- Met vriendelijke groet / with kind regards, Guus Sliepen <[email protected]>
signature.asc
Description: Digital signature
_______________________________________________ tinc mailing list [email protected] http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
