On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 04:24:07AM +0900, shikkc wrote: > First off, thanks to all who have made tinc possible and continue to > work developing it. I hope perhaps in time I can become a useful > part of this community. :) I'm having an interesting issue with > tincctl and was hoping someone could shed some light on it. > Everything seems to work correctly when I build for OSX; however on > linux and windows builds, I always receive connection errors. Net > and hostname changed, and copyright info left out from versions to > save space.
Hmm, that is certainly strange; I did test it on Linux and Windows, and there
tincctl connected to a running tincd without any problems.
> root@<hostname> # netstat -l -n -p | grep 655
> tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:655 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 58362/tincd
>
> root@<hostname># tincctl --net=<netname> stop
> Cannot connect to 127.0.0.1 port 655: Connection refused
[...]
> Variant on a second host, running a newer build, and IPv6:
>
> root@[hostname]:~# netstat -n -l | grep 655
> tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:655 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 5164/tincd
> tcp 0 0 :::655 :::* LISTEN 5164/tincd
>
> root@[hostname]:~# tincctl --net=[netname]
> tinc.[netname]> dump nodes
> Cannot connect to ::1 port 655: Connection timed out
It is even stranger to get connection timeouts to localhost. Could it be that
you have firewall rules blocking connections to port 655?
--
Met vriendelijke groet / with kind regards,
Guus Sliepen <[email protected]>
signature.asc
Description: Digital signature
_______________________________________________ tinc mailing list [email protected] http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
