Le 24 juil. 2013 à 21:55, Guus Sliepen <[email protected]> a écrit :
> On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 09:29:58PM +0200, Cédric Lemarchand wrote: > >> I use tinc with QOS, and since some weeks I got problem with tunnel >> disconnection because the default "Pingtimeout" of 5 sec is reach. >> I think it happens because of the QOS shappe the tinc traffic (data >> here) to let some BP for VOIP, but whate is very strange is that the >> ICMP protocol is not include in the shapping, so tinc would never >> 'see' latency on the link, even if there is latency caused by the >> QOS. >> >> So the question is does tinc really use ICMP to check remote hosts >> or use it's own UDP packets ? > > Tinc uses its own UDP packets the check other hosts. This is done on purpose, > so that they don't get a special treatment compared to the regular UDP > packets! Ok, bad news for me then ;-), but its the best implementation choice for most of the uses for sure. I think there no way to ask tinc to use ICMP for those checks, or classify this cain of Tinc traffic ? (Which use the udp port 655 channel) Of course the work around is to rise up the timeout value, but I am a bit afraid of the effect in case of "real" latency on the link. > >> A second one would be : does tinc check the remote host only when >> there is no traffic on the wire ? which, when I read the man, would >> tend to be yes ;-) > > It always checks the remote host every PingInterval seconds. > > -- > Met vriendelijke groet / with kind regards, > Guus Sliepen <[email protected]> > _______________________________________________ > tinc mailing list > [email protected] > http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc _______________________________________________ tinc mailing list [email protected] http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
