Nikolaus Rath <[email protected]> writes: > Guus Sliepen > <guus-nncthlhdaqpg9huczpvpmw-xmd5yjdbdmrexy1tmh2...@public.gmane.org> writes: >> On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 08:43:25AM -0700, Nikolaus Rath wrote: >> >>> This is what it looks like with -d 4. I also updated the server tinc >>> version to 1.0.22 now: >>> >>> Aug 28 15:20:38 ebox tinc.rath[2759]: Expiring symmetric keys >>> Aug 28 15:20:38 ebox tinc.rath[2759]: Sending KEY_CHANGED to everyone >>> (BROADCAST): 14 3296e87f ebox >>> Aug 28 15:39:04 ebox tinc.rath[2759]: Connection from 198.228.212.252 port >>> 32534 >>> Aug 28 15:39:04 ebox tinc.rath[2759]: Sending ID to <unknown> >>> (198.228.212.252 port 32534): 0 ebox 17 >>> Aug 28 15:39:04 ebox tinc.rath[2759]: Sending 10 bytes of metadata to >>> <unknown> (198.228.212.252 port 32534) >>> Aug 28 15:39:04 ebox tinc.rath[2759]: Got PING from <unknown> >>> (198.228.212.252 port 32534): 8 >> >> That's very strange. It looks like there is a PING message in a buffer >> somewhere that is being received by ebox instead of the ID message. I have >> never seen this before... >> >>> Aug 28 15:39:35 ebox tinc.rath[2759]: Connection from 198.228.212.252 port >>> 52274 >>> Aug 28 15:39:35 ebox tinc.rath[2759]: Sending ID to <unknown> >>> (198.228.212.252 port 52274): 0 ebox 17 >>> Aug 28 15:39:35 ebox tinc.rath[2759]: Sending 10 bytes of metadata to >>> <unknown> (198.228.212.252 port 52274) >>> Aug 28 15:39:35 ebox tinc.rath[2759]: Flushing 10 bytes to <unknown> >>> (198.228.212.252 port 52274) >>> Aug 28 15:39:35 ebox tinc.rath[2759]: Got ID from <unknown> >>> (198.228.212.252 port 52274): 0 thinkpad 17 >> >> Which version of tinc is thinkpad running? Could you run tincd there as well >> with -d4, and copy&paste the log from that one as well when the problem >> occurs? > > > Hmm. I just realized that I lied to you before. When these messages > started appearing, I wasn't just upgrading two clients from tinc 1.0.11 > to tinc 1.0.16, but I also added a new client running tinc > 1.0.19. "thinkpad" is the new client that I added, but this is the first > time that it triggered one of the "Unauthorized request" messages. > > > I tried to reproduce the problem, but it's not as easy as starting fresh > tinc instances with -d 4 on client and server. In that case everything > works smoothly. I guess I'll have to leave them running with -d 4 for a > while and wait for the message to appear...
Ok, it happened again: Aug 30 06:12:47 ebox tinc.rath[24083]: Sending KEY_CHANGED to everyone (BROADCAST): 14 38123bcf ebox Aug 30 06:14:27 ebox tinc.rath[24083]: Connection from 87.173.100.41 port 55925 Aug 30 06:14:27 ebox tinc.rath[24083]: Sending ID to <unknown> (87.173.100.41 port 55925): 0 ebox 17 Aug 30 06:14:27 ebox tinc.rath[24083]: Sending 10 bytes of metadata to <unknown> (87.173.100.41 port 55925) Aug 30 06:14:27 ebox tinc.rath[24083]: Flushing 10 bytes to <unknown> (87.173.100.41 port 55925) Aug 30 06:14:27 ebox tinc.rath[24083]: Got PING from <unknown> (87.173.100.41 port 55925): 8 Aug 30 06:14:27 ebox tinc.rath[24083]: Unauthorized request from <unknown> (87.173.100.41 port 55925) Aug 30 06:14:27 ebox tinc.rath[24083]: Closing connection with <unknown> (87.173.100.41 port 55925) Aug 30 06:14:27 ebox tinc.rath[24083]: Purging unreachable nodes Aug 30 06:14:38 ebox tinc.rath[24083]: Connection from 87.173.100.41 port 55927 Aug 30 06:14:38 ebox tinc.rath[24083]: Sending ID to <unknown> (87.173.100.41 port 55927): 0 ebox 17 Aug 30 06:14:38 ebox tinc.rath[24083]: Sending 10 bytes of metadata to <unknown> (87.173.100.41 port 55927) Aug 30 06:14:38 ebox tinc.rath[24083]: Flushing 10 bytes to <unknown> (87.173.100.41 port 55927) Unfortunately I still don't have the debug log from the client, because 87.173.100.41 wasn't running with -j 4. I'll activate debugging on all clients now. Best, -Nikolaus -- »Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a Banana.« PGP fingerprint: 5B93 61F8 4EA2 E279 ABF6 02CF A9AD B7F8 AE4E 425C _______________________________________________ tinc mailing list [email protected] http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
