Guus Sliepen <[email protected]> writes: > On Sun, Sep 01, 2013 at 01:14:25PM -0700, Nikolaus Rath wrote: > >> I want to use a tinc node as a default gateway in router mode. >> >> My first attempt was to just add an extra, lower priority subnet for the >> host that should act as the gateway: >> >> Subnet = 192.168.12.2/32 >> Subnet = 0.0.0.0/0#20 >> >> but this doesn't seem to work: >> >> # route add 173.255.235.238 gw 192.168.12.2 >> # ping 173.255.235.238 >> >> results in the local tinc process complaining that >> >> Read packet of 98 bytes from Linux tun/tap device (tun mode) >> Cannot route packet from vostro (MYSELF): unknown IPv4 destination address >> 173.255.235.238 > > Did you restart the tincd on the gateway after you added that Subnet? It > should > work otherwise.
Duh. No, I didn't. I didn't even add the extra subnet on the gateway. Now that I've done that, it seems to work. Thanks! I'm still confused why this is necessary though. Why isn't it enough to define the subnet in the local tinc's configuration? At the moment it seems that even for the local tinc instance, the subnet specification on the remote server takes precedence. That's a bit counterintuitive - then why am I specifying the subnets for every node on every node in the first place? Best, -Nikolaus -- »Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a Banana.« PGP fingerprint: 5B93 61F8 4EA2 E279 ABF6 02CF A9AD B7F8 AE4E 425C _______________________________________________ tinc mailing list [email protected] http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
