Hi all, I'm back again with my speed issues. The past issues where dependant of network I used.
Now I run my tests in a lab, with 2 configurations linked by a Gigabit switch : node1: Intel Core i5-2400 with Debian 7.2 node2: Intel Core i5-3570 with Debian 7.2 Both have AES and PCLMULQDQ announced in /proc/cpuinfo. I use Tinc 1.1 from Git. When I run an iperf test from node2 (client) to node1 (server) with default options, I have 600+ Mbit/s. When I run an iperf test from node1 (client) to node2 (server) with default options, I have 300 Mbit/s MAX. The strange thing is that 300 Mbit/s was the limit with Tinc 1.0. I checked twice, both of nodes are now running tinc 1.1... Of course, when I do iperf without Tinc, I have 1 Gbit/s... sptps_speed report correct speeds (node1 is less powerfull than node2) : root@node1:~# sptps_speed Generating keys for 10 seconds: 597.41 op/s ECDSA sign for 10 seconds: 549.90 op/s ECDSA verify for 10 seconds: 470.60 op/s ECDH for 10 seconds: 277.88 op/s SPTPS/TCP authenticate for 10 seconds: 132.38 op/s SPTPS/TCP transmit for 10 seconds: 5.18 Gbit/s SPTPS/UDP authenticate for 10 seconds: 131.75 op/s SPTPS/UDP transmit for 10 seconds: 5.45 Gbit/s root@node2:~# sptps_speed Generating keys for 10 seconds: 698.60 op/s ECDSA sign for 10 seconds: 657.31 op/s ECDSA verify for 10 seconds: 556.76 op/s ECDH for 10 seconds: 329.52 op/s SPTPS/TCP authenticate for 10 seconds: 156.73 op/s SPTPS/TCP transmit for 10 seconds: 6.19 Gbit/s SPTPS/UDP authenticate for 10 seconds: 157.53 op/s SPTPS/UDP transmit for 10 seconds: 6.37 Gbit/s What could be the cause of this ? _______________________________________________ tinc mailing list [email protected] http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
