It turns out that uploading with rsync works as fast as expected. The problem therefore seems to be : uploading works at 100Mb/s and downloading is degraded to 1Mb/s. Note that I checked that downloading on the same host without involving GRE or tinc indeed delivers 100Mb/s.
This is puzzling :-) On 29/04/2014 16:31, Loic Dachary wrote: > Hi, > > In a setup where OpenVSwitch is used with GRE tunels on top of an interface > provided by tinc, I'm experiencing significant performance degradation > problems (from 100Mb/s down to 1Mb/s in the worst case) and I'm not sure how > to fix this. The manifestation of the problem is, from the user point of > view, iperf reports ~100Mb/s and rsync reports ~1Mb/s: > > $ iperf -c 91.224.149.132 > ------------------------------------------------------------ > Client connecting to 91.224.149.132, TCP port 5001 > TCP window size: 23.5 KByte (default) > ------------------------------------------------------------ > [ 3] local 10.0.2.27 port 57143 connected with 91.224.149.132 port 5001 > [ ID] Interval Transfer Bandwidth > [ 3] 0.0-10.0 sec 99.4 MBytes 83.3 Mbits/sec > > > $ rsync --progress > [email protected]:precise-server-cloudimg-amd64-disk1.img . > precise-server-cloudimg-amd64-disk1.img > 32112640 12% 83.44kB/s 0:45:34 > > A tcpdump of iperf ( http://dachary.org/loic/good.cap ) shows no > retransmission while a tcpdump of rsync ( http://dachary.org/loic/bad.cap ) > shows a frequent "TCP Dup ACK", "TCP Retransmission", "TCP Out-Of-Order". > > I'm not sure why this happens, any hint would be greatly appreciated :-) > > Cheers > -- Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre
signature.asc
Description: OpenPGP digital signature
_______________________________________________ tinc mailing list [email protected] http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
