Hello,

I have multiple nodes interconnected with each other with tinc1.0.19 (debian 
stable) in routed mode.

Some connections between nodes are backup links and have a high latency or not 
much bandwidth.

I would like to setup a "logic balanced" routing, so my traffic should "go" 
with preference to links that are better than others.

I saw that I can use the Weight on the Subnet but I didn't found any way to 
work with that (or troubleshoot it)

Should be also interesting to know the routing path of my packets to 
troubleshoot the routing.

Q1) how I can force Subnet to be reachead via a preferred path?

Q2) what is the logic choosed by tinc for routing between nodes? I read that is 
aphabetical by node name but I saw that is not actually true

Q3) how I can do a traceroute-like command to see the passed through nodes? I 
tried the USR2 signal but the output is not useful, subnets section say only 
the owner of it and not the path. I read in the mailing list someone said that 
is equal to the routing table, but not exacly, the routing table say also the 
next hop, in the tinc output there is only the "target" and not the next hop 
node.

Thanks

Matteo
_______________________________________________
tinc mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc

Reply via email to