Christian Jullien wrote:
The point is that it compiles ROOTB but then a single line program using only
ISO include and std C library fails because of __aligned in a **system** header.
I agree that __aligned is a probably a macro or a gcc FreeBSD specific
extension, but no one wants to change it source file (or Makefile) when he the
switch from gcc to tcc
To be more clear, let me start again from scratch (Don’t miss *Linux* in banner
with -v and -vv)

Please!  You were clear.  Anyway, maybe this helps:
It is expected that this could break system xyz whatever.

Some background research:

- obviously FreeBSD headers expect __GNUC__

- patch for sys/cdefs.h suggested by PCC

- __GNUC__ nowadays seems to mean the C dialect rather than the compiler

Not sure whether we really want to define __GNUC__.  This might
cause all kind of problems.  However if we don't then sys/cdefs.h does
    #define __attribute__(xyz)

-- gr

Tinycc-devel mailing list