Well, I’m not sure savannah allows this, but one way to limit anarchical and
gratuitous commits is to refuse (with help of a pre-commit hook, see
https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Customizing-Git-Git-Hooks) any commit that does
not refer to a ticket.

This way, when you want to do something you must before enter a ticket or refer
to an existing ticket

<http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?group=tinycc&func=browse&set=open&msort=0&advsrch=0&morder=bug_id%3c&order=bug_id#results>
 Item ID http://savannah.nongnu.org/images/Savannah.theme/arrows/up.png

<http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?group=tinycc&func=browse&set=open&msort=0&advsrch=0&morder=bug_id%3c&order=summary#results>
 Summary

<http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?group=tinycc&func=browse&set=open&msort=0&advsrch=0&morder=bug_id%3c&order=resolution_id#results>
 Status

<http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?group=tinycc&func=browse&set=open&msort=0&advsrch=0&morder=bug_id%3c&order=assigned_to#results>
 Assigned to

<http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?group=tinycc&func=browse&set=open&msort=0&advsrch=0&morder=bug_id%3c&order=date#results>
 Submitted on

 #66666

 <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?48900> FreeBSD fails with -run

None

None

XXXX

$ git commit –m “Fix std library path with –run on FreeBSD”

Git pre-commit hook error: commit string does not refer to a ticket

$ git commit –m “Fix std library path with –run on FreeBSD, refs #66666”

This is something redmine (http://www.redmine.org/) can do for example.