A suggestion and a question regarding David's post:

Suggestion: How about a community-maintained wiki on tinyos.net?  Then,
as each of us acquires expertise in the various bits of TinyOS, we can
document it for others.

Question: What is a TEP?  Googling for this term led to a variety of
colourful, yet ultimately useless possibilities.

And for all of you who may not have looked into it, the TinyOS Eclipse
plugin featured in the news section of TinyOS.net is really quite nice,
and has made my experience much more enjoyable.  I highly recommend it.

       - Conor