        From: Munaretto, Daniel
        Sent: Thu 7/13/2006 11:30 AM
        To: tinyos-help@millennium.berkeley.edu
        Subject: problems in broadcast networks

        Hi all,
        in my project i simulate 2 kinds of wireless network. In the first one
i use only flooding to disseminate information, in the other one a particular
coded flooding. During my simulations in TOSSIM i understood it's better to use
"random" timers to avoid collisions between motes.
        However using also quite large backoff intervals, i notice, for example:

        - i have 4 nodes and in TOSSIM i specify grid topology, -rf=lossy and
disc.radius=10. In this way one node can see only 2 neighbours, not 3.
        Well, even managing large timers, node 2 is not able to forward any
packets, but 0,1,3 are able.
        I don't understand. However, in general, the nodes are not able to
forward all packets they receive, and this is strange cause when i receive a
packet i save it in a buffer and then i post a task to forward it after a
random timer's fired.

        Can anyone help me?
        It' s really important!
        Thanks very much for your availability