        From: Michael Schippling [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: Fri 7/28/2006 7:12 PM
        To: Munaretto, Daniel
        Cc: tinyos-help@Millennium.Berkeley.EDU
        Subject: Re: [Tinyos-help] Help with real node behaviour!Micaz,tinyos
1.x

        Well there's 128K of PROM and 4K of RAM in the ATMEGA 128
        and I believe it is all available. At the end of the TOS
        compile you get a line that says how much your program is
        using. If you are not doing any kind of dynamic allocation
        this should be the maximum used. Perhaps you have a pointer
        or something that is running amuck in a way that you don't
        see in simulation.

        I think using FLASH is rather slow and the number of MTBF
        cycles is not conducive to temporary storage.

        MS

        Munaretto, Daniel wrote:
        > I did other experiments and i found that, with little data size, the
nodes are able to send and receive all packets they generate. So it's
definitely a memory problem. But i think not to use so much memory and i free,
when i can, the used structures. Remember i need a buffer chain in each node
cause i store incoming packets and then i create new coded packets from these
buffers.
        > Now my question is: with Micaz motes, tinyos 1.x, how much memory in
ROM and RAM can i use?
        > and is it possible to use the FLASH memory?if yes how?and what's the
size of it?
        >  If possible, i'd like to receive very precise informations for
understanding my problem in the best way.

        > Thanks very much for your availability
        > cheers
        > Daniele

broadcasting packets i code packets i stored in the node's internal buffer, i
notice i cannot receive over 5 packets (in my experiments i generate 8 packets
per node). But if i run only one mote, it's able to generate all packets.

        >       >  So if i run 2 nodes, one seems blocked or crashed after
receiving 5 packets (Leds stop to work, fixed on a color or void) and the other
one continue to send packets in a properly way.

        >       > I made with several motes and it's the same, also changing
batteries.
        >       >
        >       > Anyone could help me, please?
        >       > i don't know what's wrong, in TOSSIM was all ok.
        >       > And i'm using micaz motes, tinyos 1.x, after compiling i see:
used RAM=1657 bytes, used ROM=19600 bytes.