On Friday 15 September 2006 03:38 am, t3lab wrote:
> I want use Gio1 pin 7 of U2 expansion connector of tmote sky module in mode
> Exclusive digital output..
>
> I've lookek that i can set or reset that pin using:
>
> TOSH_MAKE_GIO1_INPUT();
> TOSH_MAKE_GIO1_OUTPUT();
> TOSH_SET_GIO1_PIN();
> TOSH_CLR_GIO1_PIN();

If you're using TinyOS 2.x, you can use the GeneralIO interface.  GIO1 maps to
the MSP's P2.1 pin, so the configuration bits would be like:
  components HplMsp430GeneralIOC, new Msp430GpioC() as GIO1, YourC;
  YourC.GIO1 -> GIO1.GeneralIO;
  GIO1 -> HplMsp430GeneralIOC.Port21;

Using the GeneralIO interface in YourC would use bits like:
  uses interface GeneralIO as GIO1;
  GIO1.makeOutput();
  GIO1.clear();
  GIO1.set();

> my question is... is possible settint the output voltage of
> TOSH_SET_GIO1_PIN(); instruction? now i've vcc/2 about 1,2 volt...
> is possible setting that output to vcc?

As I understand it, the MSP430 uses totem pole output drivers.  A logic 1 set
to an pin configured for digital output should generate a voltage very close
to Vcc.  Perhaps the pin really isn't set as a digital output.  A floating
input might behave as you describe.