In my case the file was SimDriver.rar. So after this little substitution, it
was all ok. I think the tutorial is quite old. Check it.

        -----Original Message-----
        From: Yuan Shaoping [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: Wed 9/27/2006 11:30 AM
        To: tinyos-help@Millennium.Berkeley.EDU
        Subject: [Tinyos-help] Tutorial lesson 5 and tython

        Hi, guys,

        I am a very beginner,

        Can you please explain what does "This will build the TinyOS program as
tinyviz.jar, a stand-alone Java JAR file that you can run with the tinyviz
script, found in this directory. Place this script on your PATH and you will be
able to run tinyviz directly from the command line. " mean, after typing make
under tools/java/net/tinyos/sim, I tried "ls", there is only a file named
tinyviz.java and a file tinyviz there, and no tinyviz.jar ??  and I don't get
how to place something on PATH...

        and, after typing

        export DBG=usr1
        tinyviz -run build/pc/main.exe 30

        following message appears in the window:

        java -Dpython.cachedir=/tmp/jython.cache -DDBG=usr1 -DSIMDBG= -jar
C:/cygwin/opt

        /tinyos-1.x/tools/java/net/tinyos/sim/simdriver.jar -gui -run
build/pc/main.exe
        30
        Starting SimDriver...
        Simulation random seed 661731757
        Initializing simulator objects...
        Creating TinyViz GUI...

        Welcome to Tython. Type 'quit' to exit.
        ESC on a line by itself will pause/resume the simulator.

        >>> AUTORUN: Initializing simulation.
        AUTORUN: Running simulation: build/pc/main.exe -gui -r=lossy
-seed=661731757 -no
        dbgout 30
        AUTORUN: Unable to run simulation: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess:
build\pc\
        main.exe -gui -r=lossy -seed=661731757 -nodbgout 30 error=2
        java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: build\pc\main.exe -gui -r=lossy
-seed=661731
        757 -nodbgout 30 error=2
                at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
                at java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(ProcessImpl.java:81)
                at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:30)
                at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:451)
                at java.lang.Runtime.exec (Runtime.java:591)
                at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:429)
                at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:367)
                at net.tinyos.sim.AutoRun$AutoRunThread.run(AutoRun.java:344)
                at java.lang.Thread.run (Thread.java:595)
        Goodbye!
        AUTORUN: Stopping simulation.

        Tinyviz always flashes and dissapears quickly,

        it always appears an error at the bottom of tinyviz window: connection
to simulator failed.

        And even if I first do the "make pc" to other applications like
"blink", it does not work either, and suffers the same problem.

        Plz, somebody help me!

        Thans a lot!! ^_^

        --
        Shaoping