I dunno what kind of micro-controller you are using but I have
some T1 code to produce PWM with the micas' ATmega chips:
    http://www.etantdonnes.com/Motes/AVR128timers.zip
Most controllers have a PWM output function, but you will
have to do a lot of digging in the manuals to figure out
how to use them, and whether the necessary output pins
are available to you. I looked at the telosb briefly but
couldn't wrap my brain around either of those questions.

As for hardware to drive the motor if it's just one directional
speed control you are interested in, a single open collector
transistor or equivalent enhanced mode Nchan FET should do
the job. A little google of "motor drivers" would probably
turn up circuits.

MS