Viktor,

You should look up some resources on free space loss/propagation models.
They will give you a starting place on modeling "gain" or in reality,
attenuation as a result of distance.

The basic calculations will be something like this: Gain(dB) = TX
Antenna/Power Gain(dB) + DistanceLoss(in dB, should be negative) +RX
Antenna Gain(dB).

In an ideal world, antennas are isotropic(perfect omnidirectional
antennas), so they would contribute negligible to the calculation.(note:
ideal_world != world_we_live_in). Therefore TX Antenna/Power Gain will
only be determined by what transmission power level you select, and RX
Antenna Gain would be be 0 dB. Then DistanceLoss is the only real
unknown and you can use the formulas found for a Free Space Loss
Propagation model. The TOSSIM gain is simply TX Power(which is selected
by you) + DistanceLoss.

Hope this helps,
-Paul