What fails?
Have you made it past the hardware interfacing?
Having trouble accessing GPIO?
Not getting a good signal?
Not able to time the signals correctly?

One problem may be that the Ping-thing runs on 5v and
the telsob runs on 3.3v. I "think" you can ignore the
over-voltage on the telos pin at low currents (even
though the specs say you shouldn't), but the telos
may not pull high enough to trigger the Ping. You'll
need an oscilloscope to see what's happening at that
level.

For GPIO there is some kind of GeneralIO component
and there used to be a 32Khz timer (and might even
be a micro-sec timer now), but I don't use T2 so I
don't know what they are.

MS