From: Eric Decker
Sent: 12/14/12 06:22 AM
To: Sean Dekker
Subject: Re: [Tinyos-help] Using UART1 instead of UART0

Should work. You'll want to study the schematic and make sure that the USB
circuit won't mess with your use of the UART1 circuits.

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 2:36 PM, Sean Dekker < sean.dek...@gmx.com > wrote:
Hi all,

 It's almost 2 months that I am trying to make a reliable app that can work
with both UART0 and RADIO. As you know they are shared and it requires a lot of
hassel to make them work.

 My last idea that partly work was when required to send to UART0, I stop the
RADIO, send bytes then I start RADIO again. But this way I have no idea how to
receive bytes through UART0 while radio is ON. Infact I need to check some
sensor values using UART0 and when they are at certail level I should send
warning using UART0 and then using RADIO to a base station...this is really
hopeless I am giving up!

 My last idea is using UART1...I mean the uart that is connected to the FTDI
chip. Since I think it works great I have tested it with printf function and
stuff and it does not have problem with radio.

 My idea is to find the UART1 pins of msp430 and use them instead of UART1.

 Do you recommend such thing?

 Regards,
 Sean.

 Eric B. Decker