PFLAGS in the context of tinyos is supposed to be Platform FLAGS whatever
that means.

It was never docuemented and as Andras notes below it doesn't make that
much difference.

You must be a little careful if PFLAGS and CFLAGS both tweak something.
CFLAGS over rides (but only because it show up last).

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 1:19 AM, András Bíró <andras.b...@ucmote.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As far as I know, the first characters should define the language:
> CFLAGS -> c
> CXXFLAGS -> c++
> PFLAGS -> pascal
>
> But it's not really standard, it depends on the Makefile(s). For example
> the avr.extra makes no difference:
>
> $(NCC) -o $(MAIN_EXE) $(NCC_SAFE_TINYOS_FLAGS) $(OPTFLAGS) $(PFLAGS)
> $(CFLAGS) $(WIRING_CHECK_FLAGS) $(COMPONENT).nc $(LIBS) $(LDFLAGS)
>
> Andris
>

> On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 5:37 PM, Xiaohui Liu <xiao...@wayne.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> What is the difference between CFLAGS and PFLAGS, if any? Some Makefiles
>> use CFLAGS while others use PFLAGS for the same purpose, e.g., define
>> preprocessor symbol. Here is a related
>> discussion<http://tinyos-help.10906.n7.nabble.com/Changing-tinyos-2-1-1-tos-chips-cc2420-transmit-td21537.html#a31485775>
>> .
>>
>> Thanks in advance.