I need to store some of the received information in the local node module
before broadcasting it.

implementation{
  message_t pkt; //// to hold data for transmitting  the packet
  message_t store; /// to hold data for storing in local node module

 event message_t* rreqreceiver.receive(message_t* msg, void* payload, uint8_t
len)  {

   RouteDiscovery_t *rd_msg = (RouteDiscovery_t*) payload;

   RouteDiscovery_t *r_req = (RouteDiscovery_t*)(call  Packet.getPayload(&pkt,
sizeof
   (RouteDiscovery_t)));
   r_req->nodeid=rd_msg->source;
  /// codes to send packet (&pkt)

/// Here is my doubt, is this good way to store the received message
information in the local node module or is  there any other approach to store
the received message

  NodeCache_t *cache = (NodeCache_t*)(call  Packet.getPayload(&store,  sizeof
(NodeCache_t)));

    cache->route=rd_msg=route_id;

  }
}