Hi,

I have developed a TinyOS application for Telosb mote that collects data for N hours and stores it in the log.
After N hours, it connects to a PAN coordinator and transfers data.
This process goes on indefinitely.
I have tested my code for Telosb motes and it works just fine.

I now wish to run the same code on the TinyOS simulator TOSSIM for micaz motes. Unfortunately, I found out through one of the blog posts that TOSSIM does not support flash storage. Accordingly, I have removed that section from my code. I am now getting errors related to the use of tkn154. When I tried compiling the sample tkn154 applications for TOSSIM, it throws the same set of errors. I am wondering if tkn154 is not supported by TOSSIM or whether I have an issue with my configuration?

As of now, I have coded my application at the MAC layer using MLME and MCPS interfaces. I was reading about the ActiveMessage abstraction and I am thinking if I use that instead in my code it might work fine.
However, I have 2 issues here:
a) I am not sure how to use AM abstraction on top of tkn154. Do I just use ActiveMessage and add the following lines to the Makefile?
include $(TINYOS_ROOT_DIR)/tos/lib/mac/tkn154/Makefile.include
include $(TINYOS_ROOT_DIR)/tos/platforms/micaz/mac/tkn154/Makefile.include
b) When I implement ActiveMessage abstraction on top of the default MAC, it links and calls the files in individual platform file. When I will implement ActiveMessage on top of tkn154, what ActiveMessage files will be called? How will it link ActiveMessageC in tos/lib/tossim to other platform files?

Please guide me on the above.

Thanks a lot.

Kind regards,

--

*Kriti Bhargava*
PhD Student

Telecommunications Software & Systems Group (TSSG),
ArcLabs Research and Innovation Building,
Waterford Institute of Technology,
Carriganore Campus, Carriganore,
Co. Waterford, Ireland

*E-mail:* kbharg...@tssg.org <mailto:anot...@tssg.org>