TIPSters who teach courses which include the discussion of Freud and
psychoanalysis may be interested in an article on the Butterflies and
Wheels website that critically examines a recent BBC radio programme on
the subject of hysteria. In the article I dispel a number of common
misconceptions (some still found in College psychology texts)about Freud’s
early psychoanalytic experiences:

http://www.butterfliesandwheels.com/articleprint.php?num=57

Also on the same website is an expanded version of the comments I posted
on TIPS recently in response to the article in the current issue of
Scientific American by the neuroscientist Mark Solms:

http://www.butterfliesandwheels.com/articleprint.php?num=58

Allen Esterson
Former lecturer, Science Department
Southwark College, London