From: "michael sylvester" <msylves...@copper.net>
To: "Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)" <tips@acsun.frostburg.edu>
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2009 8:43:02 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: [tips] Maine and Freud

The State of Maine has a problem similar to the Fundamental Cocaine Error
committed by Freud.Freud thought that cocaine was a wonder drug that would help
cure some of his clients of
heroin adduction.Lots of clients who are on prescription drugs in Maine are
beginning to turn to heroin as a second drug of choice. They rationale that its
cheaper to buy,has more powerfu; effects than prescription pain killers which
can be expensive and they may not have money for continued refills.Both Freud
and those residents of Maine(Btw
are who live in Maine called Mainians or "Canadian wannabees"?) are forgetting
the long term effects of the substitutes. Wasn't methadone supposed to be a
substitute for heroin?I worked as a drug counselor at a State correctional
institution and those inmates who were heroin addicts seemed to come from the
higher middle class
and were well educated.Are certain drugs class specific and why?

Michael Sylvester,PhD
Daytona Beach,Florida