Sorry to post this on TIPS, but it does spring from an earlier message I
posted on TIPS about what to do with extra texts and teaching materials.  I
received the following message from Dap, but when I replied, my message was
returned.  Dap, can you let me know a working email address? Beth Benoit

The email address Dap used was
 Wendy Lake <wendyl...@ilive.co.za>
to beth.ben...@gmail.com
 date Sat, May 30, 2009 at 10:39 AM subject To Beth: from South Africa
 Hi Beth

Concerning your email on books, etc you want to give away:

After the first free and demographic elections in South Africa in 1994, the
so-called black and white universities were integrated.  In reality,
however, the facilities of historically black universities are still vey
much inferior.  This is especially true as far as libraries are concerned.
(You could contact Dave Myers who have visited me in SA and knows the
situation pretty well).

We are therefore definitely interested in making use of your wonderful
offer.  I specifically have our QwaQwa campus in mind.  It is one of our
satellite campuses (historically black) and located in one of the most
impoverished areas in SA.

We are definitely also interested in the transparencies and test item files.
And books of all psychology areas are welcome.

What is the next step?  We don't want to put you through any trouble, nor do
we want you to pay for anything, of course.

How may books (approximately) are we talking about.  If it is too
many/expensive we would at this stage prefer the transparencies and test
item files as this would be of more than just a great help for both the
students and lecturers.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards.

Dap Louw