���On 29 August 2009 Michael Sylvester wrote:
>How do we determine major and minor psychological theories?
>I have noted a tendency to allocate major status to theories
>emanating in Europe most of them Jewish and minor to those
> emanating outside of Europe.

>[…]

>Send me something.

Michael: Perhaps for a change you could send *us* something: For
instance, some statistically-based evidence for your assertion.

Allen Esterson
Former lecturer, Science Department
Southwark College, London
http://www.esterson.org

michael sylvester
Sat, 29 Aug 2009 10:35:18 -0700
How do we determine major and minor psychological theories? I have
noted
tendency to allocate major status to theories emanating in Europe most
of them
Jewish and minor to those emanating outside of Europe.Of course withun
each group there are hierarchical divisions. Freud is over Adler.
American bred functionalism puts
James and Dewey on a higher status than Angell and Carr. Re
behaviorism, Skinner
is upgraded whereas Watson is downgraded.There are splits among
gestaltists, humanists, and existentialists.And the Russian dude
Vigotsky gets no respect in developmental
theory. I have noted a preference to favor theories that emphasize
discrete stages  than overlappping and interacting phases.

Send me something.

Michael Sylvester,PhD
Daytona Beach,Florida