Call for Programs EPA Convention 2010

Hope everyone’s school year is off to a good start. It may seem early but
before you know it, the deadline for submission of programs for EPA 2010 will
be here. As chair of the teaching programs, I am encouraging you to submit
programs related to teaching.

The convention is scheduled for March 4-7, 2010 in New York City. The
electronic submission system will be available at
http://www.easternpsychological.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=1  .
As you plan for your submission, here are a few reminders and tips:

1) The earlier you submit the better. Many people wait until the last minute
and sometimes the computerized submission system can get overwhelmed.
Submitting early can avoid these technical glitches.

2) All research submitted must be completed and submissions must include the
data and results. No “in progress” studies will be considered.

3) Please be sure to submit accurate and up-to-date email addresses. The
Division will contact you about the status via email. An incorrect or inactive
account means you cannot be reached.

4) Consider allowing us to move your individual submission to the poster
session. D47 gets limited hours and we cannot accept all of the worthwhile
submissions. This flexibility allows us to accept more.

5) Please note you must be a member of EPA to submit. (Membership includes
convention registration). Please join (or renew) now to facilitate submission
later on.

6) Please be aware that if you are accepted, it is a commitment to attend and
present. Failing to appear (without contacting the Program Chair about an
extenuating circumstance) will result in a ban for the next year for
submissions.

7) Please be aware that we schedule programs through the last hour of the
Convention so if you are submitting, please plan to stay for the whole
conference.

If you have questions, please email me at dfin...@pgcc.edu. Please put EPA
Submission in the subject line so the email will go through our spam filters.

Thanks and I look forward to seeing your submission!

Diane Finley, PhD
Teaching Program Chair

Diane L. Finley, Ph.D.
Professor , Department of Psychology
Membership Chair,  D47 - APA (Exercise and Sport Psychology)
Prince George's Community College
301 Largo Road
Largo MD 20774
(301) 322-0869