To reinforce a point I made in a previous post on how seriously some
parents take getting into the "right" pre-school, I'd like to present the
following:

(1)  An article in the NY Daily News about a documentary on this
phenomenon.  The name of the documentary is "Nursery University".
See:
http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/2009/04/19/2009-04-19_parents_learn_that_preschools_can_be_as_competitive_as_harvard_and_yale.html
or
http://tinyurl.com/dhcuvs

(2)  Not surprisingly, a new consulting businesses have developed to
help parents in preparing their infants to get into the "right" preschool.
Here is a link to one such business and it provides excerpts from
"New York Magazine" which comments on the importance of
choosing the right pre-school; see:
http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache:gGFaCL5ROqcJ:www.privateschooladvisors.com/+NYC+%22pre-school%22+social+elite+%22new+york+magazine%22&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
or
http://tinyurl.com/yecj8yj

I'm sure you all have similar stories from your local communities. ;-)

-Mike Palij
New York University
m...@nyu.edu