I have a student in AP Psychology doing a research paper on the
interplay between emotions and acting, generally whether an actor
who is portraying an emotional experience undergoes a
psychological and/or physiological experience  equivalent to that of
someone actually experiencing the emotion, and whether the
degree to which the two experiences are equivalent might be
dependent on the actor's method (e.g. the Stanislavsky Method
teaches actors to recall an actual emotional experience in order to
portray it).  This all started with class discussions on various
theories of emotion:  Cannon-Bard, James Lange, etc.

I am hoping there might be some research available in the areas of
emotion and memory which might pertain, but I am frankly a little
out of my depth.

My student and I would be grateful for any direction in terms of
sources or approach to the topic.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Oliver Bloch