Maybe the world should realize that Kindle isn't the only reader around.  I
have a Sony e-Reader, and it DOES show the page numbers of the original
book.  No matter how big or small you make the print, the original page
number shows up on the side.

Beth Benoit
Granite State College
Plymouth State University
New Hampshire

On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 10:03 AM, Mike Palij <m...@nyu.edu> wrote:

> I was reading a review of a book on Amazon and one of the
> customer reviewers apologized when referring to specific sections
> of the kindle version of the book and not giving page numbers
> because the kindle version doesn't give page numbers.  Although
> I had seen kindles in use I thought that they used page images
> comparable to PDFs but this doesn't seem to be the case.
> If page numbers are not provided, but one wants to cite or
> quote a particular passage, what would one do when one would
> have to enter the page numbers?  Look them up in a paper
> copy?
>
> The book I was looking at was Unscientific America by Mooney &
> Kirshenbaum.
>
> -Mike Palij
> New York University
> m...@nyu.edu