Is there an app for the Clinton wedding Mike? :-)

Chris Green
=================

Michael Britt wrote:
No doubt everyone has heard that Chelsea Clinton is getting married today in Rhinebeck,
New York.  Well, that's my hometown so it's pretty nutty around here with all the
celebrity-spotting and no-fly zone stuff going on.  People have been waiting around for
hours to catch a glimpse of anyone famous.  Rumor had it that Oprah stopped by at a well
known ice cream stop called the "Holy Cow" to get an ice cream.  That piece of
news was making the rounds.

I was in the middle of the fray yesterday with my camera wondering if there is
a psychological angle to all this.  I only came up with these:

1) Sternberg's theory of love: I assume that Chelsea and her soon to be husband (what's-his-name) are in the Romantic Love stage.
2) Erikson: I also assume that she's in the Intimacy vs. Isolation stage.

3) Celebrity: the event is another example of our obsession with celebrities.
Any psychological theory to tap into here?

I'll probably make another stop by in town today so if you think of any
questions I should ask people let me know.  Not that I'm caught up in the whole
thing....

Michael
Michael Britt
mich...@thepsychfiles.com